I am Say Zhi Hao. Some people call me “Say” and it just kind of stuck. My friends call me, “Hao,” or “Zhi Hao.” On the internet, I am called Jeremiah Say – it is for the angmos who cannot pronounce Chinese names accurately.
About Mr Say
- Love to play soccer – excel in playing at unconventional positions such as a Center Back, a Full Back or Defensive Midfielder – I want to be the best defender I can ever be to help any team I am in defensively
- Love to read – buying a Kindle back in 2014 is by far the best investment
- Love to travel – as with most adventurers, I hope my work and travel will be inextricably intertwined
- Love to work on projects that matter – I am currently working on the H&R Boutique project & another mysterious one
- I am a sinner saved by grace – honestly, if without God and church life (currently attending Hope Singapore), I don’t know where I’d be today
I am an ordinary guy who enjoys spending most of his time alone. Born an introvert and was a nerd in primary school. Got bullied quite a bit then and that’s why I turned from a nerd to a wannabe jerk. In short, I am a hybrid of a nerd and a jerk. Somewhere in between is what I am.
I am 99% angel but… oh that 1%”
I tried to be a nerd, I failed.
I tried to be a badass, I failed.
Who am I? I guess I am just an ordinarily imperfect guy.
– Say Zhi Hao
Listed down my first checklist on this blog on July 2018, the purpose of checklist-ing is to list down all the things I have done for the day. I want to be honest with myself and improve just 1% every day. A mere percent every day regardless of how bad my day may be. If I can improve 1%, I’d consider that a good day. If I can’t, I fail and I will do better the next day. Simple as that.
Another important category of Ministry of Say is Journal. I wrote my first journal on 28 December 2018. I read somewhere that listing down 3 grateful things and writing about a positive experience for 2 minutes every day could significantly enhance happiness. I don’t know how true this is but I know I’d like to be a tad happier. That is why I started Journaling.
Finally, a good reason for starting this blog is because I want to be updating my life digitally so when I look back years from now I would have the ability to look at the different life stages that I went through, the adventures that I took, the knowledge that I’ve had gained etc. either in text formats or images or both. I believe that ministryofsay.com will be sentimental – at least for me I know it will be – so that is why I do what I do.
- Publish 3,247 articles by July 2019 (1st Jan: 1,447. Add: 1,800)
- Publish 6,497 articles by December 2019 (1st Jan: 1,447. Add 5,050)
- 3,820 daily unique visitors by July 2019 (1st Jan: 1,296 daily visitors)
- 6,400 daily unique visitors by December 2019 (1st Jan: 1,296 daily visitors)
- Serve first P&W Guitar session at LG by 1st April
- Read 30 books in 2019 – 20 of which has to be non-fiction
- Be the best defender in soccer I can ever be to help any team I am in defensively – I’d gladly take up the defensive role that many neglect. Teammates will be happy to have me on their side and opponents will not.
- Continue to maintain healthy eating habits and exercise routines I’ve kept in 2018
- Live below my means in 2019 – just for a year. Reinvest profits. Go Gungho! Either go big or go home.
- As much as I hated small talk, I need to improve it. Improve small talk and get better in conversing with others. It is an important skill to have.
More Quick Facts:
- Favourite Sport Team: Arsenal (since 1996)
- The one and only Manga: One Piece (since 2005)
- Favourite Musics: Everdream by Epic Soul Factory, Jurassic Park Theme Song
- Favourite P&W Song: Broken Vessels by Hillsong
- Favourite Bands: Westlife, Backstreet Boys, A1, NSync
- Favourite Brands: Bottega Veneta, Rolex, Adidas
- Favourite Subject: History – Particularly WW2
- Favourite WW2 Books: The Forgotten Soldier & Sniper on the Eastern Front
- Favourite Non-fiction Books: Barking Up the Wrong Tree & The Slight Edge
- Least-favourite Genres: Horror and/or Gore movies
- Favourite Genre: Action or anything Spy-related
- Favourite Movies: kingsman, Jurassic Park, James Bond, Mission Impossible, Wreck-it Ralph, Men in Black
- Favourite Netflix Series: (too many) Stranger Things, Elementary, Sherlock & Most of the Marvels’ series
- Favourite Series: Band of Brothers
- Favourite Villains: Venom, Moriarty, Joker, Harley Quinn
- Favourite Defender: Sergio Ramos (2018)
Also read: Books I Read