Things I am Grateful for Today
- Going to meet Miao at 56 for lunch. Can’t wait to catch up with him after I am done with the 1st half of the work.
- There’s a life group to attend to. Though today’s LG is quite mundane but I am glad I serve as Guitar Backup during prayers and Zy made for us cereals + milk
- Things don’t always go my way; I thank God that I can control my thoughts and emotions and not conform to whatever happens.
I thought February would be a good month but who knows at the very last day of February, Rakuten/Net-a-Porter decided to cut my commission of more than 60% in a single day. I delivered sales but they fail to leave up to the 6% commission they promised. This happened not once but many times throughout the year. I couldn’t take it anymore and decided to vent out by sending them a nasty email. The reason they gave was because of “Exceeded-Returns” whatever the heck that means.
I got 2 options now:
- Pity myself and/or blame them all I want
- Do something about it. Find a new source of revenue
Of course, I was upset initially. It is a lot of money! But I’m not gonna blame them anymore, I’m gonna do something about this and come back even stronger. Website traffic is doing fine. I am seeing a gradual growth. There’s still something to celebrate. The only thing I need now is monetize more. How? I have a few ideas in mind and fortunately I have already started to implement some of them.
Regardless of the outcome, I’m gonna chiong for the entirety of 2019. If I am gonna eat Oatmeal and Breads every single day, so be it! I believe that God will provide! I am just gonna take all of these as a learning curve to grow. Not just financially but emotionally and spiritually too.