I am Say Zhi Hao. Some people call me “Say” and it just kind of stuck. My friends call me, “Hao,” or “Zhi Hao.” On the internet, I am called Jeremiah Say – it is for the angmos who cannot pronounce Chinese names accurately.
5 Quick Facts
- Love to read – buying a Kindle back in 2014 is by far the best investment
- Love to travel – as with most adventurers, I hope my work and travel will be inextricably intertwined
- Love to play soccer – excel in playing at unconventional positions such as a Center Back or a Full Back – I take great pride in being the best defender I can be
- Love to work on projects that matter – I had ceased operation on H&R | A Review Site for the Fashionista starting from June 2019 (find out why here). I started a new project (quitwithnerd.com) on the same month.
- I am a sinner saved by grace – honestly, if without God and church life (Hope Singapore is my home), I don’t know where I’d be today
5 Weird Facts
- I need at least 9 hours of sleep per day to function at an optimal level.
- The sight of needles – especially those long and thin ones – make me shiver. Says a person with tattoos.
- My tolerance for pain is quite high but I cannot stand being tickled.
- I couldn’t fall asleep after watching a horror movie.
- Some cartoon movies could touch me to the point of tears. Don’t ask me why.
Look at me like layers of an onion where you can keep peeling. The more you peel, the weirder it gets so find out the rest yourself.
Define Me in a Sentence
A guy who doesn’t answer his phone or reply to messages.” – according to family & friends
Popular Blog Posts
- My Life in the 20s in a Nutshell
- Key Life Lessons I Learned in My 20s
- 5 Powerful Life Lessons I Learn Through Playing Soccer
- A Nerd for World War II History and Why I love to Visit Germany
Listed down my first checklist on this blog on July 2018, the purpose of checklist-ing is to list down all the things I have done for the day. I want to be honest with myself and improve just 1% every day. A mere percent every day regardless of how bad my day may be. If I can improve 1%, I’d consider that a good day. If I can’t then I will do better the next day. Simple as that.
Another important category of Ministry of Say is Journal. I wrote my first journal on 28 December 2018. I read somewhere that listing down 3 grateful things and writing about a positive experience for 2 minutes every day could significantly improve happiness. I don’t know how true this is but I know I’d like to be a tad happier. That is why I started Journaling.
Finally, another good reason for starting this blog is because I want to be updating my life digitally so when I look back years from now I would have the ability to look at the different life stages that I went through, the adventures that I took, the knowledge that I’ve had gained, etc. either in text formats or images or both. I believe that ministryofsay.com will be sentimental – at least for me, I know it will be – so that is why I do what I do.
More Quick Facts:
- Favourite Sport Team: Arsenal (since 1996)
- The one and only Manga: One Piece (since 2005)
- Favourite Music: Jurassic Park Theme Song, Never Give Up On Your Dreams, Band of Brothers Opening
- Favourite P&W Song: Broken Vessels by Hillsong
- Favourite Bands: Westlife, Backstreet Boys, A1, NSync
- Favourite Brands: Bottega Veneta, Rolex, Adidas
- Favourite Subject: History – Particularly WW2
- Favourite WW2 Books: The Forgotten Soldier & Sniper on the Eastern Front
- Favourite Non-fiction Books: Barking Up the Wrong Tree & The Slight Edge
- Least-favourite Genres: Horror and Gore movies
- Favourite Genre: Action or anything Spy-related
- Favourite Movies: kingsman, Jurassic Park, James Bond, Mission Impossible, Wreck-it Ralph, Men in Black
- Favourite Netflix Series: (too many) Stranger Things, Sherlock & Most of the Marvels’ series
- Favourite Mini-series: Band of Brothers
- Favourite Villains: Venom, Moriarty, Joker, Harley Quinn
- Favourite Defender: Sergio Ramos (2018)
Also read: Books I Read